PRINT DEADLINE: FEBRUARY 1, 2018
BLOG SUBMISSION: Accepted year-round
We are excited to regularly feature op-eds and commentary on current events, debates, and issues facing the Black community. Accepted year-round, blog submissions should be between 750-1000 words and will receive editorial support from Journal staff. Artwork, photography, and multimedia is also welcome. Please submit a headshot and short bio with your post. Have an idea you’d like to pitch? Shoot us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
PRINT JOURNAL SUBMISSION: February 1, 2018
To be published May 2016, the print edition welcomes research articles, op-eds, interviews, community-based initiative profiles, photography, lectures, speeches, book reviews, and more that speaks to the Politics of Black Space. The issue will focus on the lived experiences of activists, artists and academics that navigate through and advocate for “Blackness” within their respective realms. Though rooted in student-movements across the world seeking to decolonize their respective institutions, the issue will also lend insight on the electoral landscape post-Obama and incite timely debate on issues most pressing to our times.
We want to hear from you.
- Original articles with strong arguments, a compelling narrative, and clear policy recommendations; if previously published, HJAAP must obtain permission to republish
- 1,200-3,000 words in length
- Op-ed style commentaries
- 750-1,000 words
- Reviews of books, movies, speakers, panels, or conferences
- Creative content such as photo essays, illustrations, artwork, etc.
- Interviews with visiting scholars, professors, community leaders, students, activists, or political actors
- Any work of art/photography/design can be published elsewhere, but the submission must be the sole property of the individual submitting; all other places where the piece is published should be noted.
- Endnotes formatted in adherence with the Chicago Manual of Style
- All figures, tables, and charts should be submitted as separate files
Along with your draft submission, please submit the following:
- A cover page with the submission title, author’s name, mailing address, e-mail address, daytime telephone number, and a brief biography
- A 100-word abstract
Authors are required to cooperate with editing and fact-checking.
E-mail entries to: email@example.com
Mail entries to: Harvard Journal of African American Public Policy, John F. Kennedy School of Government, 79 John F. Kennedy Street, Cambridge, MA 02138